Re: [NTLK] Replacing 2x00 supercap - Newton battery questions

From: Stephanie Maks (newton_at_maksystems.com)
Date: Mon Apr 29 2002 - 19:01:31 EDT

I don't know about the MP2x00 supercap specifically, but it's an
electrolytic capacitor, and they can expire. They can dry out (the
electrlyte dries out) or other woes can befall them.

It should be replacable by anyone with good soldering skills. Though if a
new one starts to exhibit similar problems, there could be a problem
elsewhere in the Newton.

I don't know the ratings of the super-cap off-hand, but if noone else has
them handy then next time I open my newton, I'll find out for you.

-Stephanie

http://www.felesmagus.com/newton/