[NTLK] Newton Streamed Object Decoder

From: Andrew Patrikalakis (anrp_at_irulethe.net)
Date: Mon Apr 29 2002 - 22:50:00 EDT

Hello all (again).

I have updated the Newton Streamed Object Decoder. It is now a FULLY
FUNCTIONAL
decoder for streamed Newton Objects (but still only on the Mac because of
f***ing
endian-ness, someone PLEASE look at byte_order.c and help me with that!).

Now that this library has been finished, I will continue developing fncu,
(Free
Newton Connection Utilities). I would appreciate someone telling me
*exactly*
what to send in the kDPassword response to the Newton - then I would be
much
further along in the development of fncu.

The library compiles and works correctly on Mac OS X, so progress!
Little-endian is broken (ix86) - sample_stream works, but
test_large_binary
doesn't (the sample stream comes from the Newton Formats manual)

It's at http://anrp.irulethe.net/newt/

Andrew Patrikalakis

-----
Sent with a Newton - Long Live the Green!
Actual error message from Windows