[NTLK] Outlook Sync

From: Smith, Bradley (bradley.smith_at_artisansw.com)
Date: Tue Apr 30 2002 - 04:07:57 EDT

Well, I managed to get tasks and email working last night. Then everything
went a bit wrong. I blamed it on the Sony Vaio laptop I was using but after
getting into work this morning and trying it on my work PC I found that
somehow Sloup had become corrupt. I took it off my Newt and then reinstalled
it and everything works again.

Anyway, the bottom line is this: I'm going to be able to write a Windows
Outlook <-> Newton synchronizer that will synch notes, names, calendar
entries, tasks and email. It will work over a serial connection at speeds of
up to 115200 baud and have a pretty UI (well, as pretty as a UI can get in
Windows). It will rely on Sloup but Steve (Weyer) has made thsi free now.
This meets my requirements as I have Windows 2000 running Outlook at work.
As such I'll be able to provide the software at a price that everyone can
afford. It shouldn't take me too long either.

My decision to make a small charge for it is based on the fact that I'll
need to get it working on many configurations and do plenty of testing. If I
thought I could just get it working for myself and then give it away and
have it work for everybody then I would, but that ain't gonna happen.

I'll need a few beta testers. Preferably as close to my time zone as
possible (UK). Beta testers will receive a free copy of the finished
product.

Please don't bomb the list with "I really want it!" messages. Anyone
interested in the beta program or that has ideas for features should contact
me off list at the address below.

Best regards
Bradley Smith
mailto:bradleysmith_at_mac.com