Re: [NTLK] [OT] eMac Pricing...

From: Sushi (Sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Tue Apr 30 2002 - 08:50:37 EDT

If you compare the G3/600 model to the G4/700, for $300 more you get a 17
vice 15 inch display, a G4/700 vice G3/600, a Combo drive vice CDRW, and
an extra USB port.

Is this a good value? IMHO, I would say so.

What would really be nice, is if Apple knocked off about $100 on each
model. And of course, equiped the low end eMac with 256MB RAM.

IMHO, the eMac with an iSub and a FW Radio/TV Tuner would be nice for
someone headed to college and staying in a dorm. For under $2,000 you
would have a computer which can do everything you need, plus a nice
stereo, TV, and DVD player. This solution is convenient, simple, takes
up little space and is more secure than a laptop.

...and this option would greatly complement the Newt!

Sushi