Re: [NTLK] Synching - Was [All sorts of stuff]

From: Smith, Bradley (bradley.smith_at_artisansw.com)
Date: Tue Apr 30 2002 - 10:29:04 EDT

Well, it looks (so far) that there are 2 main areas to cover:-

1. Outlook on Windows connected to Newt via serial
2. Entourage on Mac OS X, connected via serial or ethernet

Most people want full synching, some would prefer to choose what to
transfer.

1 I will do for sure. Full synch? Not sure. Depends what info I can get from
Sloup. Might end up being a case of the user knowing which device (pc or
Newt) has the most up to date info. If I can make the transfer quick enough
then this might not be a problem because the process if synching your
computer and Newton would be so quick that you could do it every day or even
more regularly than that.

2 is more tricky (for me). I have Entourage but no USB->Serial adapter. This
means I can't use Sloup on my Mac, only ethernet :-( I'd have to see how
sales of the PC version went and decide whether the USB adapter was worth
the investment.

Brad