Re: [NTLK] Recommended setup for wireless network?

From: IMNewtMan_at_aol.com
Date: Fri Aug 02 2002 - 19:31:42 EDT

In a message dated 8/2/2002 6:49:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
steven_at_zenacon.com writes:

> There has been a lot of talk about what WiFi cards work and what routers to
> use, etc. I was wondering if someone can recommend a complete setup for
> someone with simple needs like myself and a limited budget.

I have a cable modem and purchased a Linksys Cable/DSL Router +Wireless
Access Point +4-port Switch. That's a mouthful, the product ID is: BEFW11S4.
I have 4 computers hooked up to this (3 wireless) and one printer, plus my
Newton. Works great! BTW, All the computers are PCs not Macs.

-Tom