Re: [NTLK] ANN: SER-001

From: Rolf Brakvatne (rbrak29_at_qwest.net)
Date: Mon Aug 05 2002 - 13:40:28 EDT

on 8/5/02 11:14 AM, Humphreys, David (URB) at david.humphreys_at_honeywell.com
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have been seeing a lot of new names on the list recently, so there may be
> some of you who are not familiar with the
> SER-001.
>
> For your benefit, the SER-001 is a small circuit board that fits inside the
> MP2x00 series of Newtons and provides a more
> standard mini-din connector for the serial port. It does away with the need to
> carry the dongle.
>
> Although a lot of people use Ethernet to communicate, the serial port is still
> useful for connecting to a keyboard and
> other serial based peripherals.
>
> The SER-001 is available from PCBman:
>
> http://mrpcbman.tripod.com
>
> for the low, low price of $42.50 shipping included!
>
> You can pay by Paypal, MO or check.
>
> I still have inventory but I won't be making any more so get 'em while you
> still can.
>
> Regards,
>
> PCBman aka David Humphreys
> Designer

David,

I respect your ability to produce needed, high quality components for a
platform that has long been considered dead (Not). I would buy the SER-001
(and will), but I have heard rumors that your a developing a new components
that accelerates the Newton 2x00. I have not opened my 2 Newts, but I will,
but only once. Any hints as to when we can except the product? Contact me
off list if you wish.

RB