Re: [NTLK] Earthlink DSL & Newton

From: Marty Sanchez (msanchez_at_newted.dyndns.org)
Date: Tue Aug 06 2002 - 03:36:45 EDT

Jeff.

Pardon the brain fart.

Running XP Pro.

I'll check out the link as well.

Marty

-----Original Message-----
From: newtontalk-bounce_at_newtontalk.net
[mailto:newtontalk-bounce_at_newtontalk.net] On Behalf Of Jeff Henry
Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2002 12:06 AM
To: newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net
Subject: Re: [NTLK] Earthlink DSL & Newton

Well since you didnt specify which ver of windows... Windows 3.11 no way
in hell. With windows 95 maybe with some 3rd party util. with windows
98se you can use (ICS) Internet Connection Sharing. with NT a third
party program or possibly MS proxy. With 2000 pro you can use ICS. With
2000 server you could use NAT. With XP ICS. This link will show you how
to setup ICS on various windows. http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/ics
There may be something on this I am missing. I personally use a
cable/dsl router. I have only used the 98se ICS for like 1 day before
and win2k server with NAT. Hope this helps... Jeff