Re: [NTLK] Dropping the Newt (was: Re: Me & my MP)

From: Jim Anderson (jiman_at_microsoft.com)
Date: Wed Aug 07 2002 - 13:46:16 EDT

        I've dropped my Newt a couple of times. The most dramatic,
though, was when I was moving offices. I had a tower-style computer with
an external SCSI drive (in one of those steel cases with the internal
power supply) on the floor. On top of it was my stereo. On top of that
was my Newt. I bumped the computer and the Newt fell off onto the SCSI
drive, and the stereo fell on top of that. The PCMCIA cards went
shooting out of the Newt like a football from a sacked quarterback. I
grabbed them up, put them back in the Newt, and powered on. It restarted
(no surprise), and has worked perfectly ever since. The SCSI drive (in
the steel case) was DOA...

Jim Anderson

Evil Overlord Rule 160:
Before being accepted into my Legions of Terror, potential recruits will
have to pass peripheral vision and hearing tests, and be able to
recognize the sound of a pebble thrown to distract them.