Re: [NTLK] listar restrictions

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Thu Aug 08 2002 - 09:35:54 EDT

SNIP

That was not my point: if I reply to lets say 5 posts and a few minutes
later I get back a message from listar that my reply (WHICH ONE ????????)
has been rejected, and then I get another one with exactly the same
contents - I am really confused!

And you cannot be serious proposing to go to the archives in order to put a
proper link.

I understand the problems for users downloading their mail with the Newt and
I can also agree to a limitation to 21 lines, but I would expect to get my
mail back from listar in order to get the chance to resend it with the
proper length. Or at least a reference to the rejected mail.

I have to admit that I am also lazy and keep most of the mails I reply to
unchanged, but the above described procedure would force all users to cut
the messages they reply to.

Johannes