[NTLK] Dead in the Water

From: Achow2_at_aol.com
Date: Mon Aug 12 2002 - 09:32:44 EDT

I was cleaning up a Newton that I was loaning out to someone to try and pulled out the main memory card without waiting for the eject process to complete. All main programs are on internal memory. Yeah, stupid human trick.

It does not turn on but I can hear the "whine" inside the case. I removed the portable battery and disconnect the AC overnight. Still dead. Tried powering on with the reset button depressed and many other combination of things.

I've tried the suggestions from old postings. Any new ideas?

Thanks,
Anna