Re: [NTLK] Packges

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.net)
Date: Tue Aug 13 2002 - 01:04:22 EDT

on 12/08/02 23:40, bmgu3 at bmgu3_at_chartermi.net wrote:

> I have an older newt 130, with some packages I would like to move
> off of it and make some copies to have if I get a newer MP. How can I do
> this or am I stuck? All suggestions looked at and kept

Use an external flash RAM card. Move your packages to the card, then eject
the card and use it in your new MP.

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin                            <http://members.cox.net/nemesys>
Logiciels Nemesys Software                            mailto:nemesys_at_cox.net

dinosaur n.: 1. Any hardware requiring raised flooring and special power. Used especially of old minis and mainframes, in contrast with newer microprocessor-based machines. In a famous quote from the 1988 Unix EXPO, Bill Joy compared the liquid-cooled mainframe in the massive IBM display with a grazing dinosaur "with a truck outside pumping its bodily fluids through it". IBM was not amused. Compare big iron; see also mainframe. 2. [IBM] A very conservative user; a zipperhead.