Re: [NTLK] Cool IRDA stuff

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Tue Aug 13 2002 - 12:22:19 EDT

On 13/08/02 12:13, "greenguy" <greenguy_at_oanet.com> wrote:

> Hi, just picked up a G3 Powerbook wallstreet for cheap and was wondering if
> there were any cool things I could do with it's IR Port, in relation to my
> mp2100.
>
> For instance, can it be used as a remote control for the DVD drive in the
> powerbook?

Nope. The best you can achieve is to use the Newton Data Browser (AKA DIL
Tester) from Thomas Tempelmann <http://www.tempel.org/> and connect to your
MP using the IR port. Other than that, the MP can print to some HP printers
with the IR, but that's pretty much it, methinks.

-Laurent.

GIGO /gi:'goh/ [acronym]: 1. `Garbage In, Garbage Out' -- usually said in
response to lusers who complain that a program didn't "do the right thing"
when given imperfect input or otherwise mistreated in some way. Also
commonly used to describe failures in human decision making due to faulty,
incomplete, or imprecise data. 2. `Garbage In, Gospel Out': this more recent
expansion is a sardonic comment on the tendency human beings have to put
excessive trust in `computerized' data.