Re: [NTLK] Shareware "issues"

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Aug 14 2002 - 11:00:40 EDT

I guess it all depends on what your use is. I haven't
purchased much software for my Newt...I'm basically
happy with the way it is...But! |When I saw how much
the Dashboard utility added to the OS, I felt that the
cost to purchase Dashboard was worth the product
because it enhanced the interaction with my Newt.
While this is a subjective decision, it is probably
the best way to determine if you want to pay for
something or not. Play with the demo. If, by the time
the demo expires, you find that your interaction with
the Newt is diminished when it's gone, well then, you
need that application and a purchase is worth it. If
you feel you can get along without that level of
interaction, delete the product from your Newt and go
on with life!
Well, anyway...that's how I do it...ymmv.
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- Matt Tracey <mtracey_at_telusplanet.net> wrote:

> Well what you're saying makes perfect sense. I just
> figure five years to
> be a really long time to wait to make a return on
> your investment. I'll
> pay the fees but it just somehow feels like I'm
> begin scammed.

<snip>

=====
"I believe that viewers who skip television commercials are Thieves who are guilty of Stealing network programming"
 - Jamie Keller CEO/Chairman Turner Broadcasting