[NTLK] Newton-Windows connection problems

From: Andrew Matthews (teh1337d00d_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 21 2002 - 21:22:59 EDT

Hey all,

Ever since I upgraded to Windows 2000 Pro, I've been having some
difficultiestransferring files between my MessagePad 130 and my computer.
Theconnection almost appears to have a bandwidth cap; smaller files (~<30k)
transfer fine, but larger file transfers immediately halt when that amount
has been transferred. It works the same when uploading, as well; backing up
address data is fine, but the instant the Newton tries to backup packages,
the connection drops. I've got tons of free space, 970K, so there's no
reasonthat I can see why it shouldn't work. Anyone have any ideas why this
ishappening?

By the way, I'm new to the NewtonTalk list, so to introduce myself briefly,
I've been a devout Newton user since I bought my 130 2 years ago, and a
semi-devout Mac user since I was little. I've got waaay too many Macs, but,
sadly, only one Newton.

Anyway, thanks all.

Andrew Matthews

--- Links ---