Re: [NTLK] Help - German NotePhone in America

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Fri Aug 23 2002 - 02:16:31 EDT

Most probably the reason is the different pinout standard for the western
(RJ10 or 4P4C) connectors in US and Germany.

If you look at the connector, pins looking up, the pins are counted from
left to right 4 3 2 1.

german pinout standard is: 4=b2 3=Lb 2=La 1=a2 (you need b2 and a2)
US pinout standard is: 4=Lb 3=b2 2=a2 1=La

you can easily see that the german standard uses the outer connector pins
while the US standard uses the inner pins - perfect mismatch.

Instead of dealing with another adaptor I would rather prepare the cable to
get the right connections, that means to cross the inner wires with the
outer ones. (should be easy since the wires usually have different colors)
You need a new western connector and an appropriate tool to crimp the cable.
Maybe you can find somebody to lend you such a tool

Good luck!

Johannes