[NTLK] PPP over serial connection

From: Trent Tuggle (Tuggle_at_Acusoft.com)
Date: Sat Aug 24 2002 - 14:10:23 EDT

Has anyone created a PPP or SLIP link over the serial port successfully?
 I'm trying with a Windows XP host, but it seems to fail, and
unfortunately, I don't know how to really debug or configure the XP
serial link settings as would be possible under a UNIX OS.

Does anyone have any further experience or technical notes regarding how
PPP or SLIP operates in the Newton? It seems that it should be simple
to set up an internet link through the serial port and surf the web
without a NIC.

-Trenton Tuggle