[NTLK] Help: Cannot send mail out of Newton via dial-up

From: Rolf Brakvatne (rbrak29_at_qwest.net)
Date: Sun Aug 25 2002 - 02:57:51 EDT

Hello,

I am trying to send e-mail out of my Newton (worked before, dial-up and
DSL), but with SimpleMail I get the message: Server error 553.
Requested action not taken: mailbox name not allowed. I have not
changed any of my settings and they all look correct. The only thing I
can think of is that Qwest has changed something on their SMTP server.
Please help. Have tried Eudora with the same results. Slightly
different error message when I try to send a test message to myself-
"An error occured, I said "RCPT TO:<rbrak29_at_qwest.net" and the server
said "553 sorry that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts
(#5.7.1).
  I do not authenticate to the SMTP server (I tried setting it to
authenticate, but that did not work either)

Clue: This only happens when I use Qwest's dial-up service (included
with DSL). The SimpleMail settings are the same.

For DSL, the POP and the SMTP server names are the same. Maybe Qwest
changed something in their SMTP server for dial-up.

I can receive mail just fine via dial-up and DSL.

RB