[NTLK] Crazy add ons

From: Jonathan Ramos (imagraphicstudios_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Aug 28 2002 - 22:50:43 EDT

Hi guys,

I might just be crazy but does anyone know if these things exist?

1: FM radio tuner PC Card
I got an audio dongle from Daniel and I've been waiting for Paul to finish his ATA flash driver (like we all have been) so I can promote my Newton to a "lo-fi" iPod as someone once put it. I seen the threads by
some people who have been webserving MP3's by ShoutCast and picking it up wirelessly with thier Newts wherever they have internet access. But does anybody know if an FM tuner PC Card was ever made for laptops? If
there was, would be nice to try to cobble it to work for the Newton. No Walkman would make it one less item I'd have to carry thanks to my Newton.

2: Label Printer
Has anyone used their Newton to print to one of those DYMO label printers that uses a roll of thermal paper or mailing labels (LabelWriter line)? I don't have access to one but I beleive the printer drivers are
similar to the Brother or HP drivers included in the Print Pack. I have a Citizen PN60, which prints on letter size plain paper and is smaller than the Cannon BJC mobile printer but the toner cartridges have
become harder and harder to find lately. I haven't seen the color cartridges in over two years. The plain black ones are becoming rare now. Anyways, I only use it to print out my notes and such from my Newton and
PBook G3 when I'm in a hurry and away from my desktop printers. Using a Dymo label printer, it would be cool to replace my PN60. I wouldn't have to carry extra letter paper, just a roll of thermal paper, and I
would never have to worry about not having toner cartridges with me. Printing out just my notes and such doesn't require a sophisticated printer anyways.

Any suggestion guys?

imagraphic