Re: [NTLK] Newton Works

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Aug 30 2002 - 10:26:38 EDT

On 30/08/02 10:19, "mouse1701" <mouse1701_at_sympatico.ca> wrote:

> if ind unna is very hard to navigate..no clear listing of where the
> software is and what it does..am i missing something terribly obvious?

You can go directly to my site to get most NewtonWorks related packages and
documentation. Make sure you 'control-click' (or right-click with a 2
buttons mouse) links there to download them, as my web server is not
completely configured yet.

The page is at <http://nemesys.dyndns.org/NewtSoft_EN.html>.

-Laurent.

gorilla arm n.: The side-effect that destroyed touch-screens as a mainstream
input technology despite a promising start in the early 1980s. It seems the
designers of all those spiffy touch-menu systems failed to notice that
humans aren't designed to hold their arms in front of their faces making
small motions. After more than a very few selections, the arm begins to feel
sore, cramped, and oversized -- the operator looks like a gorilla while
using the touch screen and feels like one afterwards. This is now considered
a classic cautionary tale to human-factors designers; "Remember the gorilla
arm!" is shorthand for "How is this going to fly in real use?".