Re: [NTLK] Newbie question...

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Aug 30 2002 - 10:54:56 EDT

On 30/08/02 10:45, "Tom Grzelinski" <polka.creation_at_btinternet.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I joined newtontalk today. After years of non-Newton Palm usage, since
> my MP120 got too slow for daily use, I have just bought a 2100 and can't
> wait for it to be delivered. I also got a 10Gb iPod delivered today but
> am more excited about the Newt...
>
> My question to all of you is (and I haven't really looked too hard) is
> there a utility available to sync / dock / download etc. software to the
> Newton 2100 from OSX? I'm running 10.1 and Classic at the moment but
> within the month will be dropping OS9 altogether.

Sync and dock, I don't think so. For the "Claris Organizer"-base sync and
for docking, only NCU can do that, and there is only a version for the
Classic MacOS and Windozzz. Being provided by Apple initially, I highly
doubt they will ever release an OS X version ;-)

I know that there are a few Unix tools that have been ported to OS X and
kinda work but only for package download.

Check the FAQ at <http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq> or
<http://www.thisoldnewt.net/html/FAQ/index.html> for more info.

-Laurent.

frag n.,v.: [from Vietnam-era U.S. military slang via the games Doom and
Quake] 1. To kill another player's avatar in a multiuser game. "I hold the
office Quake record with 40 frags." 2. To completely ruin something. "Forget
that power supply, the lightning strike fragged it. See also gib.