Re: [NTLK] newton and palm

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Aug 30 2002 - 11:52:52 EDT

On 30/08/02 11:15, "Norbert Buehmann" <nbueh_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

> I am new to the list, so please forgive the question that has been asked a
> trilion times I would guess.
> Is there a way to infrared between a 2100 and a Palm. I understand they are
> diff technologies, but with all the brains out there I thought maybe someone
> had fig it out by now?

If you have a recent Palm model (not the early Palm Pilots), then yes, you
can transfer notes, addresses and (I think) appointments between the 2.
However, you will need additional software on the Newton to do that. Check
"BackTalk" from SmartDog Software <http://www.smartdogsw.com/>. If you have
a few people around you that are using Palms (gasp!), then it's well worth
the money and it works pretty well.

-Laurent.

casting the runes n.: What a guru does when you ask him or her to run a
particular program and type at it because it never works for anyone else;
esp. used when nobody can ever see what the guru is doing different from
what J. Random Luser does. Compare incantation, runes, examining the
entrails; also see the AI koan about Tom Knight in "Some AI Koans" (Appendix
A).