[NTLK] Anybody want a 2100 motherboard with possibly fixable PC Slot for $35?.. - and other Newt parts

From: Jim Witte (jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us)
Date: Fri Aug 30 2002 - 23:42:27 EDT

Hi,

   I'm acquiring quite a collection of Newton motherboards here.. I've
got the original one from my old Newton that's fine except that it may
have something wrong with the display connector (that's MB#1). My new
Newton was supposedly an upgraded 2000, but wasn't (MB#2). So I bought
an upgraded motherboard from GEM to replace it. Now it turns out that
the bottom PC Card slot won't work in that - all the pins look
straight, but the card won't seat completely, nor even enough for a
reliable electrical connection (that's MB#3). Anybody want to buy any
or all of these off me to finance MB#4? <grin>

   A few caveats about them. The first, upgraded one has the plastic
sheeting underneath one of the PC Card slots partly unglued (the
unpardonable sin of curiosity), but it should be able to be secured
back down with proper insulating adhesive. That MB also doesn't have
any PC Card guard rails. But all the boards work, the last time I
checked, except for the display anomaly with the first one.

   I've also got a working screen (no touch pad though) and two of the
plastic screen sub-assemblies.

Jim Witte
jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us