Re: [NTLK] Internet still doesn't work

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Mon Dec 02 2002 - 13:39:09 EST

On 02/12/02 12:36, "Douglas Loftus" <loftus_at_mjmcreative.com> wrote:

> I got my Orinoco Silver card and worked with my IT Admin but my Newt2000
> can't locate the DNS on our network. I've tried everything WEP on WEP off,
> DHCP and a static IP but nothing seems to work. If I use a dial-up modem
> the PPP doesn't seem to load properly. I get error: -16022. I have even
> re-installed all of the NIE 2.0 packages in case something went wrong.
>
> Does anyone have any constructive ideas?
>
> If I can't get this to work there may be a 2000 in Excellent condition
> (except for internet not working) for sale soon.

I'm not sure but I think that -16022 means "resource not found". In the
internet setup you're using, make sure you specify in which slot is your
card.

-Laurent.

cretinous /kret'n-*s/ or /kreet'n-*s/ adj.: Wrong; stupid; non-functional;
very poorly designed. Also used pejoratively of people. See dread high-bit
disease for an example. Approximate synonyms: bletcherous, bagbiting,
losing, brain-damaged.