Re: [NTLK] PC serial cable, AC adaptor for an MP2100

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Tue Dec 03 2002 - 02:36:56 EST

Do not worry,

1st) the 1.2Amps will be drawn only in fast charging mode and as long as the
battery charge is fairly low

2nd) the MP120 power supply is current limited (if the Newt will try to sink
more than 0.5 Amps the adaptor output voltage drops down)thus the adapter is
safe

3rd) The MP2x00 will realize that the source is unable to deliver more than
0.5Amps and will simply not enter the fast charging mode in this case.

So the good news is that there is no problem at all neither for the Newt nor
for the power adaptor.
The bad news is that you need to be patient until your battery pack will be
completely charged inside the Newt.

Johannes

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html