[NTLK] "Insufficient memory to proceed"

From: IM-WIRED_at_attbi.com
Date: Tue Dec 03 2002 - 03:13:52 EST

Thanks to Jon I'm quite a bit further on importing stuff (duh, I was trying to
use the wrong app) but have come up against a new roadblock.

Notepad stuff imported just fine but whenever I attempt to import a
delimited file to the Names app, I get the following error on the Mac's
screen (NCU).
     "The operation was not completed because
       the following error has occurred:
      Unrecoverable error -- Insufficient
      Memory to Proceed.:"

My first attempt was to bring in 100 records @ 15 fields each. I stripped
that down to 10 records and still get the same error.

I'm not sure whether the error is referring to a lack of memory on the PPC
or the Newt so I hacked out the games-n-gadgets to clear 2687K of free
internal memory AND I jacked up the memory allocation for NCU on the
Mac to 20mb. The error persists.

My configuration is:
Newton 2100 connected via Serial port to a PPC 6500/225 w. OS 8.6

Ideas anyone?

TIA,
David "This is probably in a FAQ somewhere" Busey
Beaverton, Oregon

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html