Re: [NTLK] Sudden 2000 Failure

From: This Old Newt (rich_at_thisoldnewt.net)
Date: Tue Dec 03 2002 - 07:34:50 EST

When mine has frozen up here is what I have done:

Unplug it and remove all batteries. Keep it like that overnight.

Then plug it in with the AC adapter only.

Turn it on by holding the switch down for a few seconds.

You should get the "ersase all data?" dialog.

choose yes or no.

Do a back up. then do a brain wipe then restore.

If you
On Monday, December 2, 2002, at 11:11 PM, Stephen Jendraszak wrote:
> Nothing seems to make it reawaken. For now, I am using
> my eMate and leaving the 2000 plugged in on a table.
>
> Any suggestions would definitely be appreciated.

Keep the Green=99
Rich
This Old Newt, For all your newton needs
http://www.thisoldnewt.net

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html