Re: [NTLK] "Insufficient memory to proceed"

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Tue Dec 03 2002 - 10:41:08 EST

on 12/3/02 9:02 AM, Laurent Daudelin at laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net wrote:

> For backup, I always heard that you would need the amount of the memory card
> you're using in your Newton plus at least 4 MB. So, if you're using a 20 MB
> flash RAM card, then you should allocate at least 24 MB.
    I have a 32MB card in my 2100 and have left NCU at 15MB with no
problems.
    I'm using a Performa 6400/180 with 104MB RAM (VM set at 105MB) and OS
8.6 _ pretty much the same setup as Dave mentioned. I wonder if it's a
problem due to fragmented RAM _ a contiguous block might be required for the
transfer. Try quitting all other aps and running only NCU.

Peter

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html