Re: [NTLK] The future of the Newton: A course to bring it to new place

From: Rhonda Hyslop (0x7ff00025_at_paradox.homeip.net)
Date: Tue Dec 03 2002 - 11:31:56 EST

* Steve Weyer <weyer_at_kagi.com> [ 3 Dec 2002 03:17]:

> > Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 16:02:32 -0800
> > From: Rhonda Hyslop <0x7ff00025_at_paradox.homeip.net>
> >
> > (aside: if anybody knows of a newton dev kit or newton press-alike that
> > runs on linux, I'd love to hear it...
>
> perhaps a Mac emulator, e.g., Basilisk?

Well, for the trouble of setting that up I might as well try to get the
old LC575 working again :-) (I understand that I need to pull a ROM
from a mac computer for Basilisk.)

> > I'd kind of like to turn my old
> > class notes into newtonbooks, if that's possible.)
>
> for Press (or Bookmaker), you'd need desktop capability,
> but in the meanwhile you could use Newt's Cape on Newton
> (if your docs are in HTML format).

No, they're in newton notes; some have also been exported as RTF (so I
could email them to classmates).

I guess I'll be playing with the old mac then. I don't think it's
*broken*, just that some system stuff is on a dodgy external hard drive.
Oh well, it'll give that computer something to do :-)

-Rhonda

--
www.write-on.indy || write-on.homeip.net \/  http://history.ubcengineers.ca/
  Discuss the art and craft of writing   /\   UBC Engineers History Project