Re: [NTLK] Why use the Newton to surf the web/e-mail?

From: Henry Stukenborg (hjstukenborg_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Dec 04 2002 - 00:35:16 EST

Chris,

> Why would I take my Powerbook out at Dawn's early light? Why aren't I
> in bed? Why do I need my e-mail then vs. an hour later whaen I wake up
> normally?

Who said anything about need? This is an issue of preference, of choice. I
enjoy reading email at the park - it's a very peaceful surrounding vs. my
office. I work at home and one of the benefits of that is I can choose where
I do work at different parts of the day. For me this isn't a debate on
Newtons vs. PowerBooks, but one on which one gives me the flexibility to
work where I want to, when I want to.

In the end if you don't find see any good reason to use the Newton to read
your mail or surf the web then (surprise) you won't use it that way. Others
do and happily live with the required trade-offs. Your question is one of
work habits and preferences, so there is no absolute right or wrong.

-Henry

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html