Re: [NTLK] Newton Streaming Internet Radio...

From: Eckhart Koeppen (eck1000_at_gmx.net)
Date: Wed Dec 04 2002 - 11:24:52 EST

On Wednesday, December 4, 2002, at 04:41 , fussili_at_mac.com wrote:

> Is the 40mhz stream an indication of bandwidth issues or
> processor speed?
> Would it be possible to stream higher quality from an
> over-clocked MP2100?
> I don't have one and I'm sure not overclocking mine for a good
> while but
> I'm curious =]

Do you want to stream from the Newton or play streams on the
Newton? The former has not been done yet, and I think that MP3
encoding on the Newton might be quite a task to implement...
Playing streams should work with somewhat satisfying results and
I'm working to make high quality streams (128kbit) playable.

Eckhart

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html