[NTLK] Newton Fund

From: eschneck_at_mindspring.com
Date: Wed Dec 04 2002 - 12:14:29 EST

I am sorry to see that the discussion of a Newton Development Fund has
veered into the topic of creating a new Newton=2E I would be much happier=
continue using my Newton, and to see some of the following functionality
that could be achived by a development fund:

Software:
---------
An IrComm stack
An Acrobat reader

Hardware:
---------
A clear/tinted plastic case
An aluminum case
Audio out (built-in or an amplified dongle)
A color screen
A membrane keyboard for the inside of the flip-lid
A rechargable battery tray

Most of these should be do-able with a reasonable dollar and time
investment=2E Perhaps the fund could be created, and a dollar amount
pre-assigned to each project=2E The money would then be delivered to the
developer after the product is demonstrated=2E I believe that this has be=
en
done in the Open Source community, but I cannot find the link right now=2E=

Eric

http://mail2web=2Ecom/ =2E

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html