[NTLK] [ANN] The First (Unofficial) Calgary Newton Users Meeting

From: Grant Hutchinson (grant_at_splorp.com)
Date: Fri Dec 06 2002 - 10:54:30 EST

Huzzah!

I would like to report that the first unofficial meeting involving two of
Calgary's Newton users occurred last night. As far I as can recall, this
is the first time I've been in a room with another Newton user in Calgary
since about 1998.

Norman Palardy and I met at the Cocktail Club (where the company he works
for has an installation of their slick video jukebox technology) for a
round of beer and gab. As it turns out, I went to high school with his
younger sister and she was good friends with my current boss' wife. It's
indeed a small world.

Norm seems to enjoy collecting old computer crap and anecdotes nearly as
much as I do, and his boss - who showed up later on - is an old school
Mac developer who once was a beta tester for the original MessagePad.
(Norm, please correct me if I get any of these details mixed up).

I brought one of my prototype MessagePads to show off - (a pre-release
OMP with the snap on screen protector) - and I promise I'll bring more
goodies out the next time we get together.

Now all we need is to get the rest of the Green Toting Fools in town to
join us and come up with some sort of official group moniker.

g.

Grant Hutchinson Interface Considerations & Toys

Live video served fresh since 1996. http://www.splorp.com/cam/
Now fortified with daily ramblings. http://www.splorp.com/blog/
Newton. It's the Palm with a brain. http://www.splorp.com/newton/
Online community web site handyman. http://www.newted.net/