Re: [NTLK] Why is simplemail so slow?

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Sat Dec 07 2002 - 01:59:19 EST

À (At) 1:18 -0500 7/12/02, Trenton Tuggle écrivait (wrote) :
>One more question,
>
>My final question of the evening: Does anyone know how to speed up simplemail?

This isn't the question in the subject line, so we have two questions in fact.
SimpleMail is slow because it uses arrays of integers to represent
data from the internet. This is a workaround of design flaws in
NewtonOS's communication layer (especially the NewtonScript part).

To speed it up, you can have the default store set to a fast store
with a lot of empty space. SimpleMail uses VBOs a lot and it helps a
little bit.

Paul

--
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/