Re: [NTLK] Linksys WPC11

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sat Dec 07 2002 - 16:04:51 EST

on 07/12/02 11:38, Hans Derycke at hans_at_derycke.com wrote:

> Well, I've got an MP2100, and a Linksys WPC11 card (rev unknown)
>
> I've installed 802.11b WaveLAN first, and then
> - Newton Internet
> - Newton Devices
> - NIE Ethernet
> - Internet Setup
>
> On Saturday, December 7, 2002, at 08:30 AM, Robert Benschop wrote:
>
>> That's hard to say without details of your setup...

Did you install all the Newton packages that were part of Newton Internet
Enabler 2.0 on the *SAME* store, i.e. in the internal memory (preferred) or
on an external flash RAM card? I don't think it would make a difference, but
you might want to re-install the 802.11b driver. Since it relies on part
provided by the other packages that you list, God knows how the installation
went since there were no NIE packages installed when you installed the
driver. Just a precaution...

-Laurent.

finger-pointing syndrome n.: All-too-frequent result of bugs, esp. in new or experimental configurations. The hardware vendor points a finger at the software. The software vendor points a finger at the hardware. All the poor users get is the finger.