Re: [NTLK] Newton battery issue

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Sat Dec 07 2002 - 18:55:55 EST

>I have an original Newton 2100 rechargeable battery that all of sudden
>refuses to take a charge. Is there any way to "revive" the battery and
>recharge it?

If this happened suddenly, I'd think that one or more cells have died.
Unless, of course, the contacts are bent, corroded or dirty which can
easily be checked. If you have a multimeter, check the resistance between
the two contacts on the side that has two contacts. It should at room
temperature be around 7 kOhm.

It's not that difficult to refurbish these packs, see the hardware section
of the site in the signature.

Good luck

Frank

-- Newton hardware and software at http://www.pda-soft.de