Re: [NTLK] Cheap 32 MB Flash cards

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Mon Dec 09 2002 - 11:01:21 EST

On 09/12/02 10:53, "Miguel D'Amico" <mdamico_at_mac.com> wrote:

> Would the software support 120/130 Newtons as well as 2x00 and emates? Also,
> could you give me the link of the software/author? Thanks a lot
>
> Miguel
>

>> on 09-12-2002 4:22, Miguel D'Amico at mdamico_at_mac.com wrote:
>>
>>> On ebay there are plenty of "Sandisk 32MB Flash Disk PCMCIA Memory Card"
>>> that costs about 10 bucks, would that work natively? Or will I need to pay
>>> $40 to get them to work?
>>
>> You ouwld have to pay the $40 but you would pay only $50 for your card in
>> total, you would be supporting one of the best Newton programmers alive and
>> you could use the same driver for a 128 MB (or greater of course ;-) card by
>> the time that those cost only $10

I think that Paul mentioned that he wanted to support all Newton OS
2.0-based Newton, so that would include a 120 that is running NOS 2.0 or a
130. I'm sure Paul will correct me if I'm wrong...

-Laurent.

FUBAR n.: The Failed UniBus Address Register in a VAX. A good example of how
jargon can occasionally be snuck past the suits; see foobar, and foo for a
fuller etymology.