Re: [NTLK] nSync

From: John Skinner (john_at_johnskinner.net)
Date: Tue Dec 10 2002 - 12:31:22 EST

On 12/3/02 11:29 AM, "John Anderson" <dearjohn_at_everchanging.com> wrote:

> Nah, it shouldn't matter what soups you have. However, will you also=20
> check to see that you don't have any firewall software turned on in=20
> your Mac? In particular, there's a Firewall option in the Mac's Sharing=20=
>
> preferences. If Firewall is enabled, it won't allow any requests to=20
> come into your Mac, including requests to NewtSync. In order to fix=20
> this, you can either turn the firewall off entirely, or allow port=20
> 15552 through.

Hey John,
I have been excited to try this setup out for a while now!
(This is my first attempt at trying nSync!)

I can't seem to get NewtSync on my Newton to talk to NewtSync on my Mac.

The Newton says it is connected, but the Mac never changes (just keeps
trying to connect).

I notice one thing strange in the NewtSync window on the Mac;
It says "Connecting to Newton. Listening on localhost"?

I thought it was supposed to list the IP address of my Mac?
Is this because I am using a different NIC (see below)?

--[My Setup]--
Newton = 2100 with newest NewtSync (the one created on 12/2/2002 at 10:21AM)
All NIE components loaded (I use this machine to serve web pages and check
email, so I know everything else works)

Mac = PowerMac G4 dual gig (Quicksilver) OS X 10.1.5
Newest version on NewtSync (v0.2f)
Built-in NIC disabled (or Not Active in Mac OS prefs), using PCI NIC card as
only network connection.
BrickHouse (firewall configuration app) set to allow TCP ports 548 & 15552
in. I can connect to this Mac from another Mac through the firewall.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html