[NTLK] This is so cool...

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Tue Dec 10 2002 - 17:09:24 EST

Once upon a time I replaced a MP130 mainboard for Stephen
Beesley from Down Under. Since then, his dead mainboard has
been slumbering in my drawer.

After Dr. Newton recently shared the excellent information
you can find at http://www.pda-soft.de/mp130fixes.html
I tried my luck again an hour ago.

This is so cool...

The mainboard, disassembled from the rest of the Newton,
has been lying around in my box since October 7, 2000.
When it powered up today connected to a display from another
dead 130, the "Newton" informed me that
the 30 day trial periods of a couple of applications has expired
(hardly surprising). Other than that, all data appears to be intact.

I could probably send him a full backup of the internal store.
Amazing, more than two years after I ripped this board out.

Frank (who will take care of another "dead" mainboard
tomorrow...)

-- Newton hardware and software at http://www.pda-soft.de

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html