Re: [NTLK] Keyboard usage, errors, and questions

From: John Acuff (jacuff1_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Dec 10 2002 - 20:41:10 EST

On Tuesday, December 10, 2002, at 12:41 PM, Jon Glass wrote:

> on 12/10/02 4:31 AM, Grant Hutchinson at grant_at_splorp.com wrote:
>
>> It's a very odd error, because I'm running Avi's version 1.30 and have
>> never run into an issue using my keyboard. It could have been
>> conflicting
>> with another extension or package. Anything else installed that
>> enhances
>> typing or text manipulation?
>
> Maybe it's because the people experiencing the error have the scribble
> area
> hidden? :-)
>
> I am running 1.31, and just tried it. If I try to type with the
> scribble
> area hidden, I get an area. If I show the scribble area, but don't put
> the
> caret in there, I also get the area, but if I tap to put the caret, it
> works as advertised. :-) This might be the problem. Those with the
> problem
> are typing without showing the scribble area, and those without the
> problem
> are assuming the area is shown and the caret shown. :-)

On my 120 (NOS 2.0), that I installed 1.31 on, when I tried this I had
the scribble area hidden. (Actually I didn't know about it yet.) I
didn't get the error with it. On my 2100 with the scribble area hidden
I do get it with 1.30. AFAIK, there are no text handling packages
installed. I know I haven't installed any, and when I got the Newt the
only things other than the default software that were installed were
the reset bomb and heap saver apps.
i haven't had the chance to try switching to 1.31 on it yet. When I do.
I'll let everybody know what the results are.
John

"Got Newt!"

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html