Re: [NTLK] Error -60088

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Wed Dec 11 2002 - 09:17:25 EST

on 11/12/02 08:31, Joseph Ayers at lobster_at_neu.edu wrote:

> I'm trying to connect to the internet with a 3Com 3CCE589ET card on a
> MP2100 using Nethopper on a Lynksys cable modem. Everything looks
> live. The dongle lights up but after Nethopper gives me the Loading
> DHCP protocol, I get a -61008 error which the Newton Error Database
> describes as:
>

> Errorno: -60088
> Category: Lower-Level Tool Errors
>

> Any idea what's wrong here?

Are all NIE and NIE-related packages on the same store (preferably on the
internal memory)? Is your card fully recognized? Do you have any other
network access that you could verify with your card, i.e. trying to find a
LaserWriter on Ethernet, just to rule out the card or the packages
installation. Are you using a specific worksite, for which you have created
a specific internet setup to use your network setup?

-Laurent.

cretinous /kret'n-*s/ or /kreet'n-*s/ adj.: Wrong; stupid; non-functional; very poorly designed. Also used pejoratively of people. See dread high-bit disease for an example. Approximate synonyms: bletcherous, bagbiting, losing, brain-damaged.