Re: [NTLK] Next steps for NewtSync? My thoughts...

From: Ashley Campbell (awc2_at_andrew.cmu.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 11 2002 - 10:00:41 EST

On Wednesday, December 11, 2002, at 09:49 AM, Joseph Solin wrote:

> 4) Sync SimpleMail to Mail (I would also suggest updating a number of
> features in the SimpleMail program like the use of subfolders, a sent
> mail folder, a deleted mail folder, attachment exclusion, etc...)

I think this is crucial and is really the great promise of the Newton.
If SimpleMail was a full offline IMAP mail reader like Mail.app is, it
could be an extremely effective solution for having all of your mail
with you at all time with no concerns about keeping things synced. I
keep all of my mail on a central IMAP server (at school) and connect to
it with four different computers. As everything is managed centrally, I
just use my mail programs without worrying about where the mail is or
how I have to download it. I think many people (particularly Mac.com
users) would find such a feature endlessly valuable.

-awc

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html