Re: [NTLK] Why is my internal store so slow?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Wed Dec 11 2002 - 11:35:18 EST

On 11/12/02 11:09, "Thomas Tempelmann" <listuser_at_tempel.org> wrote:

> victor_at_newtontalk.net wrote:
>
>> It's probable that your Internal store has become heavily fragmented, or is
>> low on space. A backup -> brain wipe -> restore cycle should defragment
>> your Internal store.
>
> How shall I do the brain wipe - Reset with Power button held down so that
> I get a full clear (doesn't that remove the system patch, too - will that
> be restored from the backup?)

System patches aren't removed when doing a hard reset (brainwipe).

-Laurent.

four-color glossies n.: 1. Literature created by marketroids that allegedly
contains technical specs but which is in fact as superficial as possible
without being totally content-free. "Forget the four-color glossies, give me
the tech ref manuals." Often applied as an indication of superficiality even
when the material is printed on ordinary paper in black and white.
Four-color-glossy manuals are never useful for solving a problem. 2. [rare]
Applied by extension to manual pages that don't contain enough information
to diagnose why the program doesn't produce the expected or desired output.