Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V2 #845

From: Brian Ogilvie (bogilvie_at_mathworks.com)
Date: Wed Dec 11 2002 - 14:25:06 EST

>on 10/12/02 22:35, Thomas Tempelmann at listuser_at_tempel.org wrote:
>

> > - I have a Nokia 6310i phone now, and I also have the IrOBEX stack. The
> > Nokia phone supposedly supports IrOBEX, so that I should be able to
> > transfer my Names from the Newton to the phone (as vcf's). But it does
> > not work: They connect, but then the Newton tries to submit the name
> > forever, coming never to an end. Is this a known problem, or a fix
> > available?

I have the Nokia 3360 phone and IrOBEX and it works for me but it seems that
the beamed item cannot be too complex! Here is what I do:

Make a duplicate of the Names card to beam.
Working on the copy, delete any notes field, any second addresses, and any
user-defined fields.
On my phone each entry can have only three items, either a phone number, an
address, or an email.
I mostly delete addresses and fax numbers to get down to the three item limit.
Beam IrOBEX the card over and make sure you got it OK.

Works for me!

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html