Re: [NTLK] Stupid Newt's Cape question time!!!

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Sat Dec 14 2002 - 12:03:10 EST

À (At) 17:54 +0100 14/12/02, Thomas Tempelmann écrivait (wrote) :
>BTW, I had once begun an automatic soup extractor with my unfinished DIL
>Tester aka. NDU. It is planned to display the structure of a soup or soup
>entry, and let you choose which parts you like stored as text. With that,
>it should be easy to transfer anything stored as text from Newton to
>Mac/PC. Of course, Newton books are a different story, but these things
>could be added later, perhaps. After all, even now I can already tranfer
>any soup entry to the Mac or PC. It's just that I have soo many other
>plans. Only my new Nokia 6310 phone got me back to working on my Newton
>project. Perhaps a little more persistent this time.

The thing is that books are packages. And on the Newton, packages are
relocated.
That's why I talked of various methods. There isn't any system call
(well, I think there is one but it's not easy to use) to do that
relocation. So all these software do it their own way. Last time I
saw SimpleMail and PkgBuddy code they were both forgetting something
(not the same thing). For most packages, both work, but as far as I
know there isn't any method we have the source code of that perfectly
relocates packages.

Paul

--
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/