Re: [NTLK] Ebay Newton 220mhz Auction

From: Woo Lee (vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Dec 16 2002 - 02:55:48 EST

I have four AMP21K's. All from pixsolutions.com. 2 done by
Dr.Newton(excellent work), I'm sending in one more when he can. 2 done by
somebody who shouldn't have. The 'lesser' ones have wires unsecured and
won't allow for adding the SER-001 board, also I'm having a weird inability
to use Paul's ATA Support on these 'lesser' amp.MP21K's, I haven't
announced this until I tried RC3. I'll be sending these and SER-001 boards
to Dr.Newton for proper installation. The auction does not inform how the
accel. was done and no pics. of the insides. When I opened up one of the
'lesser' ones at a LaNUG Meeting, my first thought was 'send to Dr.Newton
for a proper installation'. I'll send pics to yahoo.com/groups and Grant.

You can also ask Ed K. for more info. on installing a 5 Mhz. crystal to
also do a 'lower cost' overclocking.

Besides the archives for more info., the 220-Mhz. is well worth it, even
MrPCBMan is setting up another solution. It's in the searchable archives.
------------------
>This is all fine and good but could someone on the list knowledgeable
about
>the upgrade please inform me about whether or not this speed implant is a
>"safe" one to have? Will the newton suffer any ills becuase of this
>upgrade? A Direct email would be much appreciated.
>
>Thank you
>
>McGreger
>Converted Newton User

!ooW %-)
Pres. of LA Newton Users Group!...over $teve's Live Body.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html