Re: [NTLK] Why DashBoard is slow for Victor

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Dec 17 2002 - 14:23:57 EST

While I admit that I too saw *some* slowdown when
using Dashboard, it was not enough to cause me to stop
using the product. Now granted...I've never used
Dashboard on a non-acellerated Newton, so I don't have
experience with an already slow(er) machine...
And I'm loath to switch my newton to non-acellerated
mode to test...I just can't abide with my Newton when
it's not acellerated...perhaps its in part due to
Dashboard...I don't know really.
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- David Orriss Jr <dave_at_davenet.net> wrote:

> On Tuesday, December 17, 2002 7:26 AM,
> victor_at_newtontalk.net <victor_at_newtontalk.net> wrote:
>
> > I swore that I went through this before, but I
> couldn't find the message
> in
> > the archives. Oh well.
> >

> Now I'm curious. You have more than one Newton,
> right? Does it slow down
> *all* of your Newtons that much? I've seen *some*
> slowing down when
> Dashboard is running, but not *that* much. Did you
> have Dashboard on an
> internal or external store? What happened when it
> was a 'brand new' (i.e.
> freshly erased) Newton and that was the first
> package you installed?

=====
"Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain."
 - Mr. Weasley - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.