Re: [NTLK] Telnet & SSH

From: David Orriss Jr (dave_at_davenet.net)
Date: Tue Dec 17 2002 - 16:23:32 EST

On Tuesday, December 17, 2002 11:54 AM,
victor_at_newtontalk.net <victor_at_newtontalk.net> wrote:

> Now all we need is an implementation of the SSH protocol using NIE, a
> decent terminal emulator (good luck trying to hax0r it into PT100 -
> it's not free)...

What about something like STunnel? It's a GPL'ed SSL tunneling program. It's
not bad, and it's written in C. Someone in the mac world would need to do the
'adapter' work to make it work under NewtonOS, but it *might* be an option.
Then your Newton would have to talk to 'localhost' (127.0.0.1) and stunnel would
be configured for the system you want to SSH into.

--
David Orriss Jr.
dave_at_davenet.net