[NTLK] (non-) Synching Personal Organizer

From: Tom McDougal (TMcDougal_at_newted.org)
Date: Tue Dec 17 2002 - 23:26:58 EST

On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 Jerry Tom wrote:
> Hi Tom,
> Last question, do you synchronize Personal Organizer
> with the Newton software?
> Cheerio,
> Hellene
> --- Tom McDougal <TMcDougal_at_newted.org> wrote: >
> I don't know what all is needed for project
> > management but Personal Organizer & Group Organizer
> > from Chronos does Gantt charts and task delegation.
> > What do you need?

Sigh. I wish. Do me (us?) a favor and send a note to their support email address asking about synchronization with the Newton. I wrote asking about a programmers API so that I could write a plug-in for NewtSynch. they wrote back: No dice. Proprietary file format blah blah blah. Nor does it have an AppleScript dictionary. I have urged them to make AppleScript support part of a future version but give that very low odds. I suspect if an application isn't written to be scriptable in the first place it's a tough thing to add later.

Too bad; it is way more developed than iCal.

Maybe if everyone on this list wrote them asking about Newton synch support?...

Tom

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html