[NTLK] GestureLaunch

From: Tom McDougal (TMcDougal_at_newted.org)
Date: Thu Dec 19 2002 - 21:16:02 EST

On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 Jeremy Bond Shepherd wrote:
> Double-tap the TimeTrax icon and I get a new ToDo window.
> Double-tap Notes and I get a new Note.
> Write an "S" over the InOut icon and my SimpleMail fires up and starts
> retrieving.
> Double-tap "Assist" and Kathy tells me what time it is.
> Write an "X" over the Notes icon and the currently highlighted text is
> copied to a new Note.
> Write a "W" over the Works icon and my page margins are automatically
> set to fit the screen.

Based on this enthusiastic endorsement of GestureLaunch I went and bought it even though I had already paid for Dashboard. Indeed, it is cool, but some of the things you described I cannot figure out. Not only are they not among the provided scripts, they seem to require knowledge of the messages accepted by other applications. How does one get that kind of information? Can you help me, for example, with your SimpleMail script?

Robert Benschop, you also described some cool things you do with GL. Will you contribute some of your tricks?

Thanks lots!

-Tom

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html